Feb 26, 2010

street shoes






Here's the next round of "ch" words for the week, all meaning basically the same thing: old, ugly, useless. The words are charrula, champu and charbasca.

You may not be able to see the details from the photos, but these old scuffed-up,"charrula" shoes were found on the street corner when I was walking home from church with Norma last Sunday. I decided to try the bronze pair on in the street while Norma burst out laughing in disbelief. It turns out they fit! I think I might spray paint them hot pink and have my host family autograph them before I leave :)

3 comments:

  1. Too charrula & champu , I think ! No me gusta pointy toes anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look like they may have been hip back in their day...perhaps they may look just as chick if you bring them back in pink!

    ReplyDelete