Jun 21, 2010

student photos

Below are some of my young adult photo students' best images, chosen for the upcoming art exhibition at the cultural center.





(top photo)
Dreams in the Street
photo and description by Luis Caneles

With the sky as my roof, the sun and the rain are my companions, day by day, as I bring home the wages that will sustain me each day.

My hands are my tools, my juggling balls are the wings of my soul. I ask with a smile and return to my dreams in the street.

Photograph of Alfredo Cuadro, teenager dressed as a clown.

(bottom photo)
The Lonely Feather, His Shadow His Only Companion
photo and description by Jessica Diaz Lopez

Upon first glance, it is fairly obvious that this image is of a feather. I think this image says that in spite of our loneliness, there is always something that accompanies us, even if it's just our own shadow. Many times that shadow transforms into a painful past. This photo expresses many things and each person can interpret it in different ways. For me the photo represents loneliness and saddness. I like the photo because of the the strong contrast between the black and the white.

I like the theme of "shadow" because we can find figures or forms that are very interesting and not just flat plains without depth but with more volume and layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment