Dec 27, 2009

Feliz Navidad!




Just wanted to post a few photos from the holidays. I made a gingerbread house at my friend Amanda's family Christmas tea party event. Her grandparents live on a huge plantation where there is a coffee processing plant and a chicken farm. We got to see the peeps being freed from their boxes, just flown in from Atlanta, Georgia, and placed in the hen houses. They will grow up to be egg layers.

On Christmas day we had a picnic at the lake in Granada, which is where you see the photo of my host nephew, Jonathan, walking on water. My host sister Norma is sitting on the ledge.

And finally, on Christmas Eve, I got a photo with all of my host sisters. I have been here almost 5 months now so it's about time! We celebrated with a piƱata, dancing, fireworks and food, all after midnight.

Best wishes for the New Year to come!

1 comment:

  1. wow, that walking on water picture is awesome, was it a jump, or is there something directly below the water level?

    ReplyDelete